Monday 29 November 2010

Target Audience for my magazine

The target audience for my magazine is a an alternative audience (18-24). It will appeal to both genders of this audience as this creates a wider target audience. Through my research I have learnt that both genders can be attracted by featuring bands of both genders. This allows the audience to aspire to be like the featured bands and also take inspiration from them. The targeted audience will be of low income, typically in a C2, D, E socio-economic grouping. This is because a lot of these people will be students or people on low income and who will be most like to buy the type of magazine I aim to create. This low incomes of the target audience will have to be taken into consideration when I choose the price for my magazine as I need to make is affordable for such an audience. This may also affect issues such as the quality of the magazine paper it could be printed on. My audience will expect to see the latest artists as well as current ones, movement within the alternative music scene chart-wise, in depth personal interviews with the bands, reviews of cd/singles etc. I will fulfil these desires by featuring such articles in my magazine. The images I use have to be 100% original therefore the featured artist/s have to be new up and coming bands. I must ensure that the presentation of the is still appealing despite them being unknown to the audience. Another technique that will ensure that the issue is actually appealing is by using words such as 'Exclusive' and 'Hot' on the front cover. Such words connote importance and attract the readers attention to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment