Wednesday 13 April 2011

Websites and house styles

Music magazines always contain a house style. This house style is continued throughout the magazine and onto the magazines website. Q magazine is a great example of this.







The font and house style used on this fornt cover is used on every front cover. The blue, red, white and black is carried on through out the magazine.









The house style is continued through into the contents page which is a convention of most music magazines.


It is only when we come to the double page spread that the house style is not as obvious. The house style is still there but it is not as obvious as with the other two pages.

Even on the website, the red and black theme is continued. It is a generic convention of magzines to have a house style. I need to adhere to this convention and include it in my products.

The reason I included this page here is because, with my 'final'copies, one element I over-looked was the house style of my magazine and whether this was continuous throughout all my products. The changes I make need to adhere to the ideas of the house style.




No comments:

Post a Comment