Wednesday 13 April 2011

Audience Feedback

Audience Feedback on my Front cover, Contents page and Double Page Spread.

1.      Front cover – I really like the layout. It’s simple yet effective. The fact the model is making eye contact with the audience caught my eyes. Perhaps vary the font styles used on the front cover?
Contents Page – I really like the way the page is split into two sections. The image is a bit odd though. Not sure why! I was looking through your drafts though and I really like your initial design. It’s more effective than this one I think J
Double Page Spread – LOVE IT! The font styles are really fun. Only issue is that surely if this is a double page spread then the writing in the middle of the page is going get cut in two?

2.      Front Cover – The image grabbed my attention, as did the subtitles. The title font is eye catching and reflects popular magazines. I found the white text less easy to see and therefore read. Perhaps embolden the white text or consider a different colour or font.
Contents Page – The style is completely different and I feel harsher on the eye. The images are lost in the overall effect. The text blocks at the bottom distract from the images. T different font and subheadings might be softer on the eye.
Double Page Spread – I like the overall visual effect of these pages. The image draws the reader’s eye. I feel that the use of sub headings helps the reader make choices about what to read. Although the font is quite small and would perhaps benefit from being a little larger.


3.      Front Cover – Visually, this front cover is very appealing. The image is engaging to the reader however compared with your other two images on your contents and double page spread, it doesn’t look like they all came from the same magazine.
Contents Page – The image isn’t as good as it could be. The overall effect is good but the visual effect is lost with the pictures you have chosen. Perhaps a clearer image would sort this out! I think your initial design for the contents page is better though.
Double Page Spread –I love it! Such a good effect! The fonts you have used really echo the playful style of the entire magazine. Its really cool and I cant think how to fault it
J

No comments:

Post a Comment